Monday, November 3, 2008

Playing Catch-up

I guess it really has been almost a month since we last blogged. I don't even know what we've been doing; life has just been so crazy and BUSY. For the sake of time I'll give a few bullets of what we've been up to the past week.

-Tim and I celebrated the 3rd anniversary of our first date last Tuesday by going back to the Corn Maze at Cornbellys. We rode the cow train and everything. Yeah... we are pretty sentimental. Tim got beat up by some orphans in the "corn pit", we journeyed through the 'belly of the beast', and we enjoyed playing on the slides, bouncer, and in princess land. Per tradition we went home and watched Betwitched, ate caramel apples, and remembered how much better life has gotten in the past 3 years. We are always glad that the night never ends with a doorstep scene anymore.

-We took Chase trunk-or-treating and out to some family for Halloween. He absolutely loved picking candy out of the bowls and knew exactly what to do. We let him have a sucker and some licorice when we got home and he was in heaven. It was so fun for us to celebrate Halloween with him even though he's so little. We are even more excited for next year.

-We put up our Christmas tree. You can say we're crazy, but we love how it makes our home feel. Also, if you remember, we bought it for 25$ on KSL, so we were pretty excited to put it up and make sure we had all the pieces and everything. It is probably a 400$ tree, and it looks awesome with our vaulted ceilings. We still can't believe what an amazing deal we got. We are also starting to shop for Chase's first Christmas, which has been a blast. I'm getting really excited to go to Colorado for Christmas since we missed last year as I was 9 months pregnant. Nothing beats 24/7 free babysitters, mom's cooking, and unlimited time with my husband. Can't wait!

-Tim is almost done with grad school! Only 6 more weeks. He has been studying for his comps and working hard to get everything ready to start his thesis. I'm so proud of him!


















1 comment:

Shawna said...

Chase is so cute in his dinosaur costume! I'm glad you all had a fun halloween.
And first-date-anniversary as well! I wish that there was something fun out here in Vegas like all the cool places you guys go to.
The tattoo (?) on Chase's little back is cute. I'm glad you've updated again!