*this post is very picture heavy*
Before we went to Disneyland we decided something we really wanted to do was the "Build your own Mr. Potato Head" at Engine Ears Toys. Basically they give you a box and for a fixed price you get to fill it with as many Potato Head parts as you can make fit. Well, the Potato Head body takes up half the box; so a week or so before our trip, we went to Walmart and picked up a generic Mr Potato Head for 8 bucks. Then at Disney we filled our box with all sorts of accessories and body parts. I think we actually got one of everything by kicking the body out.
To be honest, this activity was mostly for me. I didn't think Chase would play with the Potato Head for a few years at least; but I thought eventually it would be fun to have. To my surprise, Mr Potato Head is Chase's new favorite toy. He will sit for HOURS and play with this thing. He loves to change the eyes (usually the feet are on top of the head; a nose is sticking out of the earhole, and an accessory is stuck in the mouth- but whatever; he loves it). If I'd known it would be such a hit I would have bought the generic one weeks ago.
I still can't believe how long this holds his attention. Just how wrong would it be for me to bring this to church...? :
Here's a Potato Head we made the other day with Disney ears and Buzz Lightyear feet:
And one with a Minnie Mouse bow... and the glasses which Chase insists on putting on every single time. I guess he thinks glasses are hot! :
(Mad Hatter hat/Goofy feet/Sleeping Beauty crown/etc.)
3 comments:
Hey Katie,
This is so fun and Chase is so cute! I love reading your new posts! Hey, I want to invite you to read our blog now that it's private but I don't have your email! Will you send it to me?
Have a fabulous Monday!
What an awesome idea for the Mr. Potato Head! I'll have to remember that when we make it to Disneyland one day. All those parts are adorable!
And it's amazing what will keep kids busy, I think. Mandy will sit happily for a long time shoving legos down her shirt.
His ears are so cute on his round face.
I think potato heads at church are a great idea(I've seen moms give their kids much stranger things to keep them quiet during Sacrament Meeting)! Personally, I love going to my parents' ward because I get to color with Lindsay the whole time.
Cute pictures!
Post a Comment